The Human Pinball, Redux
Let's see...where did I leave off? In the last year, I bounced from Louisville to Beavercreek to Pembroke Pines. My last blog, oh, so long ago, was a rant about food and its appeal, both as SIMPLE nourishment and as (IMHO) a good substitute for sex. :)
That was November. December brought news that I was going to move, yet again, to the newest store opening in Naples. This time, it was a promotion to the Kitchen Manager position! So, between Christmas and the Super Bowl, I tried to learn EVERYTHING about the kitchen--inventory, ordering, recipes, scheduling, etc.
Super Bowl Sunday, I'm in the middle of work, when my GM walks through the kitchen and says, "we've got a conference call with [our Director of Operations] in 5." Gulp.
Turns out, there was a change of plans.
...again...Gulp.
Would I mind being switched over to the Bar Manager position?!?
Now, in my mind, I'm thinking, "Woo-hoo!! Bar Manager is the spot I wanted in the first place! It puts me out in the front of house with the guests, which is my strong suit, and I get to manage the coolest cost-center in the place!!"
To him, I say, "If that's where you need me, that's where I'll go!"
So, after a week and a half training in the bar, here I am managing the newest bar in the company. It's currently being built. I've been spending the last two weeks interviewing for the staff and putting together the draught list and liquor order/inventory guides.
I want our bar here in Pub Naples to have the best overall draught, bourbon, and single-malt scotch list, not only in Naples, but in the company.
I'm pretty excited!
In other news, I'm in a new apartment, obviously. This one is comfy. I like it. I have a screened-in lanai and a view of a lake. I'm less than 5 miles from the beach. It's a very pretty beach.
THIS is the place you want to come for a vacation, and I've got room!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home